katie's seitan reuben (makes 2 open face sandwiches. probably enough for 2 people but i usually eat the whole darn thing myself).
-1/2 small yellow onion
-2 oz (approx 1/4 package) of Westsoy Seitan strips
-1 tsp (or a nice, healthy squirt) Bragg's liquid aminos
-1 slice of swiss cheese
-2 slices of rye bread
-mayo/ketchup or mustard
- thinly slice half a small onion and saute in a nonstick skillet (with a little olive oil or cooking spray) over medium heat - for about 10 minutes, or until the onion gets nice and brown.
- add the seitan and the liquid aminos and cook 2 minutes.
- meanwhile, toast the rye bread and coat with a thin layer of "secret sauce" (mayo + ketchup) or mustard.
- turn down the heat & put the cheese over the seitan/onion mixture. cover and cook until cheese is melty - about a minute.
- put that on the bread and top (or serve with) sauerkraut.