saturday morning blueberry muffins with crumble top
makes: 10 muffins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
ingredients (crumble topping):
3 TBS flour
3 TBS brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS butter
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease your muffin tin, or line with baking cups.
- combine all the dry ingredients & make a well in the center
- combine egg, milk and oil in a separate bowl. add to the dry ingredients & stir just until moistened - the batter will be a little lumpy.
- gently fold in the blueberries
- to make crumble top: combine the dry ingredients, then cut in the butter until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- spoon batter into muffin tin (i made filled 10 tins, but i'm sure you can stretch it out to a full dozen if you're less generous when filling the cups). sprinkle crumble topping on each of the muffins.
- bake for 18-20 minutes, or til a toothpick comes out clean.