Saturday, May 10, 2008

passport problems

back when we first talked about taking a caribbean vacation, i realized that i never got an updated passport with my fancy new last name.  should've taken care of it along with ss card, drivers license, etc. but i never got around to it.  i think i sent everything off last summer and got the new passport 2 or 3 months later.  and that was that.

i was working from home on thursday and saw my passport on my desk, so i decided to look at it. you know that part that says "sex / sexe / sexo" ?  and if you're a boy you get M and if you're a girl you get F?  MINE SAYS M.  according to my united states passport, I AM A MAN.  and of course i noticed this after my plane tickets are booked and i'm set to leave the country in 20 days. 

i frantically looked on the website and it has info about what to do if there's a mistake.  but i couldn't take care of it because i was about to leave for atlanta.  here's the dilemma:  should i pay to get a corrected passport expideted and run the risk that it won't be back in time?  should i pretend that i didn't notice it and run the risk that they won't let me back in to the US of A after the vacation?  what should i do?  HELP!  


Mandy Ray-Jones said...

I think the only option really is to go in drag. You could try the whole "gender confused" thing and then no one will want to touch it with the ten foot pole... You could threaten lawsuit for sexual harassment or something. Ha. Seriously, I have no idea. In light of things, this doesn't seem like a completely bad idea.

Panda Parables said...

i also thought that i could say that i'm a hermaphrodite and that i never know which one to mark!