Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Barbados - Thursday May 29

Thursday May 29
Sunbathed a bit, then snorkeling.
We snorkeled a lot on the trip.  Dubbed it “snorkin’” because it’s easier and more fun to say than “snorkeling.”  The reef areas at our beach were awesome.  I don’t know the names of most fish we encountered.   We saw blue ones, bright electric blue mini ones, some yellow and blue stripy ones, clear ones, grumpy brown ones that blended with the reefs and sand, rainbowy big guys, ones with huge brown and white scales, little ones that did synchronized dances and then kissed, some angel fish, and lastly: EELS.  They slithered around the reefs and totally freaked me out.  I don’t think rollum saw any the first day, but I saw 3 of the snakey bastards.  Hate em.  Cereal for breakfast.  Spaghetti for lunch. Ate dinner at a place called Ragamuffins.  They were playing Elvis Costello when we walked in.  Rollum had the “catch of the day” (which was the same “catch of the day” as the day before.  Yellow tuna, I think?)  I had Caribbean stir fry with chicken and “veg”.  Rollum’s fish came with “chips and veg”  (silly Brits!)   Meal was pretty good!  

No comments: