Sunday, March 9, 2008

sentimental about stupid things

i was just sorting through my makeup drawer, tossing out old things to make room for new (clinique bonus time at dillards!  i haven't bought clinique products in many years, but i thought i'd try the mild face soap again).

i have these little burt's bees lipstick things that my mom (oops, i mean santa) put in my stocking a long time ago, probably 6,7,8 years ago. i never used them and they are long since expired, but i can't throw them away because she gave them to me. same goes for a 9-year-old eyeshadow from victoria's secret.  if you ever come to my house, do me a favor and find these things and throw them away for me. yes, i am giving you permission to snoop through things in my bathroom and toss these things out, because i obviously can't do it myself.  i can see why my dad hasn't really sorted through/tossed out many of her belongings.  if i can't throw out a damned eyeshadow...what the hell?  


2 comments:

Cole said...

keep the goods and savor them :0) even if they rot in your drawer! I'm glad to see you on the blogworld..it's a great outlet and therapeutic, too...cheers to healing in writing!

Mandy said...

i, too, have burt's bees lipsticks that my mom put in my stocking several years ago. i'm making michael buy me new ones b/c i can't use those.